You have arrived at Craig y Nos Castle for your Brecon Beacons Holiday and are now debating what to do. If you have dogs, check out our dog friendly Wales site for all the local dog walks.
If you are looking for attractions as well as walks, here are a few ideas:
1) Henryhd Waterfalls - while this is included on our dog walks options, it is very close to the castle so worth visiting.
2) Dan yr Ogof Showcaves aka the Welsh National Showcaves
3) Elan Village Reservoirs and Visitor centre: this is a full day out with scenic drives and the visitor centre is worth spending some time in.
4) Talley Abbey and forest - also on our walks option, a bit of a trek, but worth a wander around the old ruins if you are passing.
5) Laugharne Castle and the Dylan Thomas centre; there is also a coastal walk you can follow (see walks page).
6) Brecon Mountain Railway - great for children, a reasonably lengthy steam train journey through mountains and reservoirs.
7) Oxwich Bay and Rhossilli Bay (allow a day for each) on the Gower.
8) Ystradfelte Waterfalls which are also quite local
9) Tenby Town in West Wales
10) St. Fagan's Museuem of Welsh Life
11) Caerphilly Castle just outside Cardiff
12) Caerleon Roman Barracks and Amphitheatre
13) Margam Park, Orangery, deer park and farm
14) Dinefwr Park and Castle (National Trust)
15) Cerreg Cennen Castle.
16) Local Animal Sanctuary (very near Castle)
17) Cardiff Castle - worth a visit if you are in Cardiff.
18) Hay on Wye - a bit of a drive but if you are into books, and if it is a rainy day for browsing in all the shops, this is a worthwhile trip.
19) Check out the Brecon Beacons area Events Calendar on Brecon Beacons Tourism site for what's on during the dates of your stay.
20) See more days out ideas here.
21) See more 'what to do locally' ideas here.
22) For days out with children in and around Swansea & Brecon, see 'day out with the kids' - an excellent resource for outings with children.
22) And don't forget the town of Brecon itself! Why not consider a Brecon canal cruise! Check out what's on at the Brecon Theatre. Visit the various arts and antiques shops in Brecon Town.